Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Inaugural Photo

I love my home. It is the quintessential beach town in Florida. Quiet, lazy, not too fast, small. There is a way of thinking here that bands the people of Jax Beach together...there are those who live at the beach, AKA "us," and there are those who live in town, AKA "them". Townies.

I have, at times, been one of "them," living in the greater Jacksonville area. And, admittedly, I like it okay. But I'm really glad to be back at the beach. I suppose I've become spoiled again. Really, there's no need to cross the bridge into town when everything I could possibly need is right here.

I want to share this place with you. So I'm beginning a daily photo blog. The thing about the beach is that it's really three beaches in one: Atlantic, Neptune, and Jacksonville Beach -- in that order, from north to south. So these photos will be documenting the lives of all three beaches.


This photo was taken yesterday, during the calm before the storm. Right after I got this shot, I passed a man on a bike who yelled over, "It's comin' fast, it's comin' fast! Hope you get home ok!" Then he pedaled away, towing all his worldly goods behind him. He was right. About 5 minutes later, the sky opened up in one of those late afternoon downpours that are a staple of Florida summer weather.

4 comments:

Hilda said...

Living on the beach. Wow. That would be a dream come true for me! This path and the boardwalk in your latest photo definitely beckon!

Welcome to the CDPB community! Happy photoblogging!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I am becoming sort of obsessed with this site.

Mama E said...

Yay Sarah! I miss the FL beaches so much, Thank You for photo-documenting all their beauty and splendor. We're about a 15-30min drive from Laguna and Huntington beaches (depending on traffic). But we don't get out that way very often :(. We'll see you and your lovely family at Christmas time.

God Bless :).

Lois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin